Updated: March 16, 2019
BY JOINING THE DCBA, YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HEREIN, MEMBERSHIP AND ACCESS TO OUR SITE WILL BE DENIED.
Children under 13 are prohibited from using the website. Children 14 to 18 may use the website with parental consent.
Mission and Goals: The goal of DCBA is to serve Denton County and surrounding areas by providing an environment for networking with beekeepers of all levels. Our mission is to teach, share, and inform our community about bees and beekeeping and enhance our Members’ beekeeping experience.
Member Benefits: Member benefits include:
- Knowledge Exchange Website – H.I.V.E.
- Mentoring Program
- Monthly programs
- Guest Speakers
- Networking and Fellowship
- Beekeeping Classes
- Equipment Program
- Bulk Purchasing
- Member Library
- Community Network for swarm removals
- Affiliation with the Texas Beekeepers Association
Member Dues and Donations: Members may join by mail, in person at a general meeting, or anytime on the DCBA website. Members must pay annual dues in the amount posted on the website at the time of registration and annually thereafter to remain in good standing. Only Members in good standing have access to Web-based Tools, are allowed to vote, or can participate in programs like equipment checkout or bulk purchases.
DCBA is designated as a 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service and may accept donations.
- What personally identifiable information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Data security measures and expectations.
- Information available to other members.
- How to access and update information.
Release, Indemnity, and Hold Harmless: DCBA strives to facilitate networking among beekeepers but makes no warranty or representation about the activities conducted by beekeepers as a result of networking and making contact on the DCBA website or at a DCBA event or meeting.
BY COMPLETING YOUR DCBA MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION, YOU AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- YOU RELEASE DCBA AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND SUCCESSORS FROM ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF USING THE DCBA WEBSITE. DCBA'S SERVICES, INCLUDING ATTENDING EDUCATIONAL MEETINGS, OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN AN ACTIVITY THAT WAS POSTED ON THE DCBA NETWORKING SITE.
I, _______________________________, have read this Member Agreement and agree to be legally bound by it.
Member Name [printed]