- DCBA has made the Web-based Tools available to Members to provide a forum for the exchange of information around the special interest topics relating to beekeeping.
- Members should exercise both common sense and courtesy in submitting comments, inquiries, or materials for posting on the DCBA website (“Submissions”). Inappropriate Submissions would include, for example, comments or materials that:
- Make false or defamatory statements about others;
- Are obscene, vulgar, abusive, hateful or threatening;
- Harass or discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, or other factors; or
- Are invasive of the privacy rights of others (e.g., by including addresses, telephone numbers, or other personal information about third persons without their consent).
A Member who believes that a Submission is objectionable is encouraged to immediately notify the DCBA Board of Directors at Board@DentonBees.com.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your Submissions. You agree to not knowingly post content that violates copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and you must remove your post should you discern that you have violated this provision. You cannot post content that is libelous, defamatory, abusive, that violates a person’s rights to privacy, or violates local, state, national or international law.
- Due to DCBA’s status as a tax-exempt organization and the legal limitations on its activities, Submissions may not contain comments or materials supporting or opposing any candidates for political office or otherwise relating to political activity or activity inconsistent with DCBA’s purposes.
- Members are prohibited from posting commercial messages that advertise or sell goods or services, except Members may post in the Classifieds messages regarding the sale of personal items associated with beekeeping and messages offering personal services associated with beekeeping.
- Members must respect the security of the DCBA website and may not attempt to gain access to areas private to DCBA or other Members. You may not upload, post or transmit any material containing software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt or limit the functionality of the DCBA’s website, computer software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment. You may not attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, modify, or hack the website or underlying software to defeat or overcome any encryption or digital rights management technology implemented by the DCBA, or to harm, disable, overburden, misuse, or interfere with any other party’s use of the Web-based Tools or the DCBA website, servers, networks, or systems.
- Anonymous Submissions are neither necessary nor consistent with the professional level of dialogue expected. Therefore, the Member’s name must be posted with all Submissions.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Members may not post material or content that infringes any third-party’s rights. By posting material on the Web-based Tools, you warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, the material does not violate any copyright, proprietary or personal rights or others, and the material will otherwise comply with this Agreement.
- By posting on the Web-based Tools, you grant DCBA a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, communicate, re-publish, edit, adapt, display, or otherwise use your postings as we see fit, including the right to sublicense or transfer to others at our discretion. You consent to your postings being altered, edited or adapted so we can use them under our license in any way we deem appropriate. Once you have made a posting, you cannot withdraw or retract the license and consents.
- By posting on the Web-based Tools, you acknowledge that the material is not confidential and agree that other users of the may copy, use, transmit, modify, distribute, and display the content you post.
DCBA’s Rights to Monitor and Administer the DCBA Website and Web-based Tools
DCBA reserves the right to monitor and administer the DCBA website and Web-based Tools and, at its sole discretion, to refuse to post any Submissions received or to remove Submissions that have been posted. DCBA also reserves the right to disallow the use of any particular screen name or e-mail address, or to terminate any Member’s posting privileges at any time.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
Any views expressed on the Web-based Tools are those of the individual participants. They do not represent and should not be construed as representing the views of DCBA. DCBA makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information posted to the Web-based Tools, whether posted by DCBA or any third party, and DCBA assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use or misuse of such information for any purpose. The information, opinions, and recommendations presented within the Web-based Tools are not professional advice and are not intended to replace consultation with a qualified professional. Moreover, DCBA makes no warranty that the website, Web-based Tools, or any computer, server, device, software, or other technology associated with them is free of viruses, worms, or other elements or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Unless specifically stated otherwise, DCBA does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service, or organization presented or mentioned on the Web-based Tools, and information from the Web-based Tools should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement.
EACH MEMBER HAVING ACCESS TO THE WEB-BASED TOOLS SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD DCBA HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES) RELATING TO HIS OR HER ACTS OR OMISSIONS OR TO MATERIALS OR INFORMATION HE OR SHE TRANSMITS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEB-BASED TOOLS.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Texas. In addition, Members consent to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of state and federal courts of Denton County, Texas in the event of any dispute between the parties, and Members and DCBA hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over them.